Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Raging Battle

The battle to overcome the ever food craving is often overwhelming!!! After becoming an amputee in August of 2010, I was now a semi-permanent fixture in my home and being alone was not my friend. I found the kitchen to close and the snack drawer to easy to reach. I had given part of the situation to God and knew He would see me through the adjustments ahead, but how did I fill those lonely hours when my wonderful husband was at work?

Satan now showed even more so how to feel sorry for myself and why did I care what I looked like...I only went out for doctor's visits. Did I ever stop to think that as a Child of the King I still had a responsibility to take care of God's temple? No...however I can't go back and 2014 is my year to get it right.

Praise God today I finally got my permanent proper fitting prosthetic and am still working to reach the goals God has given me. Will the cravings go away...I am sure not, but I now fulfill the cravings with a healthy dose of good ole scripture and prayer.

Reaching out to God to help me on this journey has given me back my first love for Jesus and I am looking forward to accomplishing everything He has for me.



Blessings always!!!

10 comments:

  1. Very touching Justina! I do love your positive attitude! God is good sweet friend & filling yourself with Him & with His word is the answer! Don't take your eyes off the prize because my friend it is for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind word...I know God will give me what He wants me to have in this journey.

      Delete
  2. Justina, I'm so honored to take this journey with you. I'm sending hugs your way! xo, Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,

      Hugs back to you and I am so glad that our paths have crossed and we are traveling this journey together. xox

      Delete
  3. Hi "SassiGrani! Love that username by the way.

    I am so very touched by your transparency in sharing the battle that rages within. May I just say, what a testimony to the loving grace of the Lord and your surrender to His strength in you. To know that you are sharing in this journey with us is powerful for the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study Community.

    I was feeling sorry for myself today. I simply embraced your words... "Satan now showed even more so how to feel sorry for myself and why did I care what I looked like." I needed that motivation and direction. Thank you for touching me in such a special way.

    Know you are loved and prayed for in this community. I look forward to reading more blogs from you in this study and those in the future. The Lord is going to do mighty work for others through you! I will be praying for you as you step out, literally, into the world of Hope and Dreams fulfilled!

    Hugs!
    (Liz- OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,

      I am glad that what God has given me to share touched you...I know God has great things for all of us to do during the OBS and I am definitely ready to step out and seve our precious Jesus. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. This IS your year, girlfriend! We are behind you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,

      Thanks for the support...2014 can't hold me back and I am looking forward to what God has for me to do.

      Delete
  5. I am called "Grannie." I love being a grandmother. It's the best.

    Looking forword to sharing this journey with you. I'll look for you next Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia,

      Happy to meet another Grannie taking this journey...hopeful we will learn some important lessons to past on to our grands about how good and faithful God is....If you have a blog,please share with me how to find you so we can grow in this together.

      Delete